Saturday 5 May 2012

05-05-12

Good morning all, I promised an update the other night but the thing with these lates is that when I get home I am knackered so go straight to bed!

Double Waterloo's are quite long but for the most part (especially at my stage of training) really good because you get a lot of driving in!
sat at Waterloo before going back to Portsmouth

Last nights train ready to go home!

Driving at night is still going well, after the first night it doesn't faze you as much as my DI has taught me braking points for stations that are either audible (ie AWS magnets) or visual in the dark (whistle boards, substations etc). Plus as we have been solely on the Portsmouth to Waterloo via Guildford route I'm already starting to pick up the route which is very pleasing and I have already developed my own braking technique for Petersfield!!
I am in process now of starting to learn level crossings and CSR (Cab Secure Radio) channels along the route and as they weeks progress my DI is going to add more and more so that it sinks in and this will continue until mid-June when I go back to Basingstoke for a week for Advanced Route Learning (which is between Woking and Clapham Junction) and because I travel over the ARL route a lot I am trying to learn this piece of route as well so that I am ready for it.
Anyway, today's agenda is seeing me go out route learning as my DI is on leave, and for a change of scenery (and because my duty on Sunday goes that way) I am going to head to Eastleigh and back a few times!
See you later...

No comments:

Post a Comment