Monday 9 January 2012

09/01/2012

Hi all

I am back from my first day and it's good to be back! I worked for SWT back in 2006 when I was an RO2 at Eastleigh and went through the induction process then.

To me an induction process is an induction process is an induction process.
I learnt about the company, where we go, why we do it and the awards that the company has for doing it and all in all SWT are a good company.

It was also a day for filling forms until I burst. Every possible thing that I have had to be written down to be filled somewhere. Most importantly I filled in my staff travel application form so i can look forward to that to arrive. Nothing much else to report, I know what sort of extinguisher to use for a fire which is a relief, and I will be getting my uniform tomorrow.
Wednesday see's me visiting my home depot for the first time and Thurs and Fri are the start of my job training and although they didn't say anything I have a feeling that will be PTS (personal track safety).

Right off to the pub quiz tonight (no drinking!!) and then a nice early train to the Waterloo uniform store tomorrow morning!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Francis,
    As you say, first day of training will be PTS.
    A simple multi choice exam when I last did mine back in 2002.
    Then it will be rules. Which you are already familiar with, albeit less so as a guard.
    What's the uniform like?

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi

    i thought as much.

    Uniform is pretty good to be honest. 5 polo's, 3 trousers, a fleece, a bomber jacket and a coat.
    Also shorts when they arrive!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Out of interest how does the staff travel pass work, is it sent to you at home? Does it take long to arrive? How do you travel in the meantime?

    ReplyDelete
  4. first day you use the letter they send you as travel to Basingstoke.

    On your first day you fill in the forms for the passes and these are sent that day. you are also issued with an all stations SWT complementary pass that lasts until your official passes arrive!

    ReplyDelete