Thursday 26 January 2012

25/01/2012 another test complete

If there is one thing that I should say will definitely happen regardless of what train company you get your trainee driver job for, is that you will be tested and tested often.

Today was such a day and our second test was to see what we had learned since our first day and covered everything that I had mentioned. SWT sets high standards from all its trainees which means that out of 50 questions we could not get more than a few wrong.

I'm glad to say that I got 100%, although that was very much in doubt when everyone finished we were all discussing in the mess room the answers to some questions and there was a lively debate!

From tomorrow (technically today as I am writing this with a strong coffee and a 0300 start!) I get to spend a week with an experienced driver at my local depot travelling with him in the front cab to see what he does, and ultimately visualize what I have learnt on paper thus far...

No comments:

Post a Comment