Friday 13 January 2012

13/01/2012 First Week over!!

Good evening. Phew!! First week over. For me, unfortunately (with my guards background) I haven't learnt anything new.It's good thought to go over things again so no complaints for me.
i have also got now a timetable showing me exactly when and what I am doing for the rest of the course, so I now know the exact day I should drive my first train!!

Otherwise the last two days has focused on rosters and diagrams and what they mean and when it say TC or PC, or maybe PASS or TAXI, we now know what it means.

Today has been a basic introduction into signalling. Absolute Block and Track Circuit Block and I could tell by the look on the faces of those new to the industry that this could be difficult. I had to drag up from long term memory some of the more interesting parts of AB signalling (intermediate block signals for example and who controls them!)

Still much to look forward to in the next weeks, I'll update this blog every now again when something interested has happened as doing it everyday will get a bit boring!

Have fun all, I'm off to relax for the weekend (although I bet my finaceƩ will have other plans!)

No comments:

Post a Comment