Monday 16 January 2012

16/01/2012 Hooray, I'm an apprentice

hi all,

Another week starts in my quest to become a train driver and it has started with the revelation that I am to be an apprentice!
Indeed, the government apparently pays money to my company for them to make me an apprentice, which means at the end of my course not only will I drive train but I will have a shiny NVQ to say that I can drive trains.
This also meant that I had to take a maths and English test today to see how well I could do both. Seeing as how I have GCSE's in both subjects I was skeptical but hey ho!

I did the tests and seemed to do well, but sadly they were only to see how well I learn and in the near future and in the near future I have to sit two exams of 90 minutes each to test me again!?!

But anyway, on more related news we spent the entire day looking at signals and everything a signal does. Apparently it's not as simple as saying Red ones are stop and green ones are go, and we have seen everything from Intermediate Block Signals, to Shunting discs to 4 aspect colour light signals that can flash...

All good fun as you can see, but for now I lets get my thinking cap on as it is pub quiz night at my local, lets see if they ask about track circuit block......

No comments:

Post a Comment